Flat irons are a great way to achieve your ideal hairstyle without having to put a lot of effort into the task. Whether you have wavy hair that needs a little bit of heat to become pin straight or if you have curly hair, flat irons are a great way to temporarily tame your curls.
The Remington Anti Static Ceramic Flat Iron is a versatile tool that you can use to create a modern sleek look or you can use it to create your own version of barrel curls. In order to make sure that you’re buying the right straightener for your needs, you’ll want to consider the features, pros, and cons of each model. From its salon style swivel cord to its various heat features, you might find that the Remington Anti Static model is great for quick and easy hairstyles.
What are the features of this powerful flat iron?
When you straighten your hair you’re not going to want to put too much time into gathering sections and making sure that you get every piece completely straight. With a 1” plate, you’ll be able to gather a sufficient amount of hair at each time so you can straighten much faster. It also gives you the precision necessary to make sure that you get close to your roots for an even straightened look.
The ceramic plates are the most important part of the flat iron as they will determine how your hair will look after it is straight. Ceramic is a phenomenal material for helping to tame flyaways and pesky baby hairs so you can achieve a cohesive look throughout your tresses. It’s also known to help hold heat for longer so it will take less time to straighten or curl your hair. Known for its anti static properties, ceramic is one of the main materials to look for in a curling iron.
It’s easier to be able to tell what temperature you have your flat iron set at when you have access to digital controls. You won’t have to worry about turning a dial on the side of a straightener but instead you can push a button until you achieve your desired heat. While you’re styling you also won’t have to worry about changing the temperature by accidentally touching a heat dial as you will have to push down on the button to make a difference in the heat settings. They are simply much more convenient to work with while you’re styling.
When you spend your money on a straightener you’ll want to make sure that it carries a sufficient amount of heat for days when your hair simply isn’t cooperating. Depending on the thickness of your hair and the type of hair that you have, some people require much higher heat settings than others. The Remington Anti Static Ceramic Flat Iron goes up to 410 degrees Fahrenheit, which is the typical heat level for salon styles. This gives you the ability to determine whether you want to use less heat for a quick touchup or a higher heat setting for tighter curls or a pin straight look.
Straightening your hair is enough of a chore and the last thing you want is to have to wait several minutes until it reaches your desired temperature. The straightener offers a fast heat up (30 seconds) to give you the ability to get your hair done faster than before. It also offers a safety shut off feature that will turn the flat iron off after it hasn’t been used for a certain amount of time. Although you are more likely to turn the straightener off, it gives you peace of mind.
If you regularly use heat tools on your hair you are aware of how difficult it can be to access the back of your head without having to pull the cord as tight as possible. With the salon style swivel cord the straightener will move with you regardless of how you turn and it gives you a sufficient amount of length to get the perfect style.
How to properly use this amazing flat iron?
Learning how to use a flat iron is a great way to achieve a seamless style every time. Follow these steps to achieve salon quality hair:
- Step 1: Prep your hair by applying either a spray heat protectant or a heat protecting balm to damp hair.
- Step 2: Use a blow dryer and a brush to thoroughly dry your hair so it is prepared for flattening.
- Step 3: Use a wide toothed comb to brush through any knots and tangles that you may have.
- Step 4: Ensure that the flat iron is at your desired temperature.
- Step 5: Place a 1″-2″ section of hair in between the ceramic plates and run the flat iron down the section.
- Step 6: Finish the section by using the comb to brush through the hair.
- Step 7: Repeat steps 4 and 5 until your entire head has been straightened.
- Step 8: Apply a moisturizing oil to add a sleek finish.
The pros and cons of the Remington Anti Static Ceramic Flat Iron
- All of the features that are included in the flat iron make styling more convenient than ever before. You won’t have to worry about dealing with a variety of settings as all you have to do is choose the right temperature and start working on your hair.
- Whether you’re getting ready at home or if you’re looking for an easy and portable straightener to bring with you on the trip, this flat iron surely does the trick.
- Remington has always been known to provide quality beauty products for an agreeable price.
- You’ll also receive a 2 year warranty to protect your flat iron in the event of any mechanical failures or imperfections.
- One of the concerns that many people have with the Remington Anti Static Ceramic Flat Iron is the fact that the floating plates make it difficult to style small sections at a time. Floating plates mean that the curling iron won’t flatten entirely, which can prove to be harder for people with thin hair as your hair won’t be pressed between the two halves of the iron. You may be forced to hold the flat iron with a tighter grip.
Given the pros and cons, what do you think of this flat iron
Overall, the Remington Anti Static Ceramic Flat Iron is a reasonable purchase for someone who needs a straightener that will do the job. With most of the features that you would find in high-end models, this affordable flat iron is your best bet in terms of price and power. The ceramic plates are long and contain anti-static method. Its plates are 100% ceramic.
If you have purchased this amazing flat iron, we would love to hear about your experience with the product as well as tips for use.
Be sure to share this article on social media if you think that friends and family will be interested in.