Whether it’s a special occasion, a family get-together, or simply a day to pamper yourself and relax, getting your hair colored is a fun, easy, and fast way to give yourself a new look and to boost your confidence. But although this common hair treatment seems like nothing more than a harmless way to unwind and revamp your look, it can damage your hair and cause dryness especially when maintained with the wrong hair care products. Sometimes, hair color can also fade and wash away faster because of inappropriate shampoos, causing individuals to have to visit the salon sooner than they should for another treatment.
When you get your hair colored, it’s ideal that you maintain it with the right products to keep it looking vibrant, healthy, and nourished despite the treatment. Among the best shampoos for treating colored hair is Pureology Hydrate Shampoo.
What are the ingredients of this amazing shampoo?
Pureology Hydrate Shampoo is known in the market as the best color retention shampoo, and for very good reasons. First of all, the product makes use of a ZeroSulfate formula which ensures that suds, grime, and filth are thoroughly and effectively rinsed out of hair for an optimal clean. Pureology is also the first hair care product to introduce the AntiFadeComplex into their formulation which makes it possible for users to preserve and prolong the effects of color treatments. Finally, the product incorporates a handful of natural ingredients such as sunflower seed extract, rose extract, and aloe vera to hyrdrate hair and bring out a lustrous, healthy shine. This makes for a premium formulation that targets to maintain hair color and reduce the negative effects of salon treatments by giving hair the moisture and nourishment it needs to give off a beautiful, bouncy, and shiny appearance.
How to properly use the shampoo?
Pureology Hydrate Shampoo is used just like any other commercially available shampoo on the market. Start off by rinsing hair with water, and place a quarter-sized amount of the shampoo into your palm. Work the shampoo into your hair until it forms a thick lather. Massage the product throughout your hair and your scalp, ensuring that you coat each hair evenly. Leave the product in your hair for 5 minutes before rinsing. Ues the shampoo as a daily shampoo and avoid using it along with other conditioners or hair care products like leave ons, mousse, or gel.
The pros and cons of the Pureology Hydrate Shampoo
- Users who tried this shampoo all agree that it offers superior color retention benefits compared to other shampoos that are advertised the same way. It can retain hair color, luster, and shine of color treated hair up to 3 times longer than other shampoos.
- Color treated hair can become dry and dull over time, but Pureology Hydrate Shampoo makes it possible for users to maintain the proper moisture in their hair despite treatment. This gives hair a fuller, healthier, and more radiate bounce that’s easy to style and manage.
- Some shampoos make it hard to determine whether you’ve managed to work it into your hair and scalp well enough because of the lack of lather. But Pureology Hydrate Shampoo is easy to lather, making it much more convenient for users, and offering a much cleaner look and feel at the end of every wash.
- Thanks to the many different flower and natural seed extracts incorporated into the product’s formulation, it gives a very pleasant, floral scent that stays on hair throughout the day with just a single wash.
- It can be hard to appreciate shampoo when it’s too aggressive and if it irritates your skin or eyes. The gentle Pureology formulation makes it easy on the skin and eyes, causing no irritation and providing a thorough however mild wash for utmost comfort.
- For a premium hair care product, it comes at a pretty affordable price. An 8 ounce bottle can last close to one month if used in small amounts, which is very appropriate considering that the product creates more than enough lather.
- Because the product was formulated to treat dry colored hair, it can feel heavy for some users especially those with thicker hair. The product might cause some grease build up for people with oily scalps, and might need extra rinsing depending on hair type.
- Some hair types tend to become greasy when paired with this product, so make sure you use just the right amount and perform a second rinse to get rid of any excess product and oil.
Is this amazing shampoo worth a try?
All in all, Pureology Hydrate Shampoo is an effective hair care product ideal for people who want to prolong the benefits of color treatment and give their hair a well-deserved hydration boost. The product comes at an affordable price and works just as its advertised, making it a satisfying and effective product worth the cost. While some might feel that it’s a little heavy or greasy, something as simple as a second rinse should resolve the issue easily.
When it comes right down to it, Pureology Hydrate Shampoo delivers. What can you say about this premium hair care product? Have you tried it before? Do you know about any other hair color retention shampoos that you think are worth trying? We’d love to hear from you! Let us know your thoughts, comments, and experiences in the comments section below and start a conversation!