Our hair is one of the ways we present ourselves to the world. It can reflect our style and our personality and will immediately make an impression on those around us. Often, the damaging styling techniques that a lot of us subject our hair to can result in dry, frizzy and brittle locks. This can often prompt us to style it even more to try and tame the frizz, however this is just going to cause more damage in the long run. Every woman deserves to feel confident about her hair, and the hair care industry has taken advantage of this. The research and development of revitalising hair care products has really come into its own in recent years. One of the companies that has raised their game is HSI Professional. Their Smoothing Hair Mask is an intensive treatment that can replenish lost moisture and shine as well as adding long lasting anti-frizz protection.
What’s in that makes it work so well?
The list of ingredients in this product is an exceptionally long one, however some of the key components are explained below.
Keratin is a natural protein source that is found in hair, nails, skin and teeth. In face keratin makes up about 95% of every hair follicle and is considered to be the natural source of strength and flexibility. By applying Hydrolyzed Keratin directly to the hair, the strength properties are absorbed, helping to improve texture, elasticity and shine.
Collagen Amino Acids
Amino acids are micronutrients and they are highly important for promoting hair growth. The collagen production within the hair is reliant on access to Keratin. Therefore by including both Keratin and Collagen Amino Acids within the product the effect is doubled.
Chinese Seed Oil
Chinese Seed Oil is found commonly in many Chinese supplements because it has huge restorative properties. These properties are incredibly useful for encouraging hair growth and providing hair with strength and shine.
Wheat Germ Oil
Wheat Germ Oil is one of the best ingredients available to provide moisture. The best thing about Wheat Germ Oil is that it provides moisture without making the hair greasy. This is one of the core ingredients that means this product is suitable for all hair types.
Glycerin is a colourless and scentless liquid that is used in a wide variety of products. It is heavy in humectants. Humectants have the ability to pull moisture into the hair from the environment, and more importantly they allow the hair to retain this moisture.
When used in the correct way citric acid has the ability to open up the hair cuticle and therefore allow the hair to grow more quickly and to be healthy and strong right from the roots.
Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil
This is the oil that is expressed from the kernels of the Argan tree treated with hydrogen. It is an ingredient used in many beauty and hair products because it has strong nourishing and strengthening properties.
How to use HSI Professional Smoothing Hair Mask?
It’s best to apply the HSI Professional Smoothing Hair Mask directly to dry hair. Take a small amount in the palm of your hand and thoroughly distribute throughout the hair, paying special attention to extremely damaged areas such as split ends. You should leave the mask on for at least 5 minutes, but if you want a deeper treatment then it is a good idea to leave it in overnight. Rinse the mask out thoroughly and use your regular shampoo and conditioner.
The pros and cons of the HSI Professional Smoothing Hair Mask
- Many products such as this specify use on a certain type of hair. However, this intensive treatment has been formulated to work on any hair type.
- The fact that HSI Professional Smoothing Hair Mask has been researched, developed and manufactured in the USA should definitely give you a greater sense of security. You know that the company is responsible and cares for their customers.
- The ingredients in this product work together to put some much needed moisture and shine back into the hair. The protective layer that the product provides will also help to fight frizz and keep the hair smooth and shiny.
- The mask works best when applied directly to dry hair, so it’s incredibly easy to apply.
- There is a huge number of ingredients in this product, which increases the chance of users suffering from an allergic reaction. Although most of the ingredients are naturally occurring formulas, there are some that are synthetic. It’s definitely worth conducting a small skin patch test before you use the product on your hair.
- The product does have a very strong scent which some users may feel is slightly too strong for their tastes, especially when it needs to be left on the hair for a significant length of time.
Given the pros and cons, what do you think?
This product claims to be able to provide an incredible amount of benefits to hair including; strength, shine and moisture. The ingredients that it uses should be able to provide these benefits as the research behind them supports the claim that they are important to hair health. This product is very easy to use, which is a nice change to many of the hair care products on the market currently. The smell is definitely a big downside and could be a deal breaker for some people, but overall it’s a very solid product. If you have had any experience with HSI Professional Smoothing Hair Mask please have your say in the comments section.
Leave a Reply