Made by Maple Holistics, this Degrease shampoo formula is a great way for people suffering from not only an excessively oily scalp, but potentially dry hair, itchiness and even dandruff as a result of the other conditions. Using a combination of ingredients, it is safe and gentle enough to use every day. It is also helpful in not only correcting an imbalance of natural body secretions found on the scalp, but also helps gently but thoroughly cleanse the scalp and hair.
The directions are to simply apply a quarter-sized amount of shampoo to the scalp thoroughly and let sit for 3 minutes before rinsing. You can then rinse and repeat if desired, or simply follow with a conditioner.
The active ingredients used in the Degrease shampoo and how they work
When it comes to treating an oily scalp or hair, the most effective methods are in targeting the most common underlying causes. When dandruff occurs along with an excessively oily scalp it can be cleared away with the oiliness. An irritation to the sebaceous glands of the scalp can cause them to secrete more oil than normal. The same irritation can also disrupt the cellular cycle of the scalp and cause scales to build up and create flakes along with itchiness.
The main ingredients in the shampoo are french cypress and lemon oil. There is also rosemary, basil, jojoba oil, and botanical keratin. Together they produce an effective and hypoallergenic formula that helps reduce the possible sources of irritation and even out the over production of oil while also ensuring the hair and scalp are both properly moisturized. They do this through a combination of calming the over productive glands, reducing inflamed capillaries, encouraging a regular cycle of cell renewal, reducing bacteria, and replenishing moisture that has been lost.
French cypress is the component responsible for tackling the excess oil production and for calming inflamed capillaries, which lead to those red bumps near the hairline. Lemon oil is known for its powerfully effective anti-septic properties and is also good for not removing any more moisture. Clearing out excess oil and calming the irritation to the glands are the main methods of treating a greasy scalp that is also suffering from dandruff as a result of severe imbalance. Rosemary helps stimulate the hair follicles and is also useful in cutting back excessive grease in combination with the other main ingredients.
Jojoba combined with argan oil adds an extreme moisturizing factor to the shampoo to help curb dryness that can contribute to simple dehydration-related dandruff. While botanical keratin helps restore hair that has become frizzy and damaged.
The pros and cons of Maple Holistics Degrease Shampoo
- Many people that have used it agree that is an effective product.
- With its powerful, yet gentle acting, combination of ingredients that cleanse, degrease, and moisturize, the Maple Holistic Degrease Shampoo has very few complaints among its many customers.
- It is safe enough for every day use, but is even effective with every other day, or even twice weekly usage.
- Its powerful moisturizers make it able to be used alone for some people, but are not overpowering that adding another conditioner would result in oily hair.
- Its pleasant scent, that is the result of only the ingredients, does not saturate the hair with heavy or artificial perfumes. The gender neutral aroma makes it accepted by both males and females alike.
- The all natural ingredients are guaranteed pure and safe to use, and are perfect for those who do not want to use as many chemicals in their daily lives.
- The combination of natural ingredients makes it safe for even color treated hair.
- It can help with oily skin and dry hair, but may not eliminate all of the dandruff that was present with the other conditions. While many do find it useful for treating multiple conditions, there will always be some people who do not respond to the treatment.
- The pricing is a bit expensive and can be a deterrent to those who may need to use it everyday. The price is around $18 for 8 ounces, but does comes with a money back guarantee.
- There are reports that one or more condition showed variable improvement or worsening with consistent use. At times oily skin, dry hair, and dandruff may have separate causes that require more than one method of treatment.
Given the Pros and Cons, what do you think of Maple Holistics Degrease Shampoo?
Highly received, as most of Maple Holistics products are, this silky de-greasing and re-balancing shampoo packs a lot of potential. It has received many praises for its ability to help control not only oiliness, but relieve itching and dandruff as well. Even when customers complain, it is more due to their unresponsiveness to the treatment and not the treatment itself. The most unpredictable component involved in trying to know if a shampoo will work is you. No two people are assuredly going to react the same way to the ingredients used. Have you tried Maple Holistics Degrease Shampoo? If so, would you like to share your experience and opinion in the form of a comment below?