These days, many hair care product manufacturers have turned to synthetic, man-made chemicals to make hair shiny, smooth, and healthy. But while many of these products do provide reasonable, noticeable results, that doesn’t mean they’re the best for our hair. The fact is, synthetic hair care products can cause significant damage, irritation, and poor health when used frequently, which is why we should always make it a point to find the right products to use for our hair.
As we all engage in the battle for healthy hair, many of us will find that some natural oils are actually very effective for bringing out the best in our locks. Among the best of these is jojoba oil. This ingredient is the main active component of jojoba shampoos, and works to bring about countless benefits that make hair manageable, soft, and of course, healthy.
We recommend trying this Maple Holistics Argan Oil Shampoo, beside argan oil, it contains an amazing range of beneficial ingredients like avocado oil, peach kernel oil, botanical keratin, jojoba oil, camellia seed oil, and almond oil.
What is jojoba shampoo?
Jojoba shampoo is a specially formulated product that incorporates jojoba oil into its composition. This particular kind of oil is extracted from the seeds of the evergreen jojoba shrubs which are commonly found in Arizona, California, and Mexico. Jojoba oil has been pinpointed as one of the most nutrient rich botanical oils in the market, which is why it has been included in many jojoba shampoo formulations, so that users’ hair can experience its amazing benefits.
Benefits of jojoba shampoo
1. Mimics natural hair oils – The thing about jojoba oil is that it’s almost like the sebum secreted by our scalp, which is then spread throughout our hair to coat each strand. These natural oils make our hair smooth and manageable, and also protect it from the harsh elements like heat and humidity. But another thing about the natural sebum we secrete is that it is absorbed into the strands of our hair to nourish and supply it with the necessary vitamins and minerals it needs in order to remain strong and healthy. That’s why jojoba shampoo has become so popular – because all of the benefits of natural sebum can also be provided by jojoba oil.
2. Maintains the right scalp environment – Let’s not forget that our scalp is a delicate layer of skin that also needs to be nourished and maintained. When we use harsh shampoos, we risk stripping away the natural oils that coat our scalp and drying out the skin, which can lead to irritation and dandruff. This isn’t only problematic from the scalp’s end, but also for the hair as our locks depend on the delicate skin it clings to for nourishment and vitamins. A poorly maintained scalp can be dangerous for hair, and can cause significant problems in the future. But because jojoba shampoo mimics the sebum we secrete, using it is actually healthy for the scalp. Jojoba oils are readily absorbable by our scalp, and can even nourish the skin to maintain the scalp’s natural balance.
3. Hydrates hair from inside – When applied onto hair, it can be absorbed into the strands to nourish hair from within. One of the most notable benefits that it can bring about is hydration. Dry, frizzy, and unruly hair can reap great rewards from using jojoba shampoo, because much like when applied onto the scalp, it can also be absorbed into the hair. It then works from the inside to revitalize hair and to replenish lost hydration through exposure to sunlight and heat. This then makes hair softer and smoother, and also gives it a naturally healthy shine. What’s more, if you’re using jojoba shampoo, you might soon realize that there’s no need for conditioner. It works as a very good conditioning treatment because the oils in the formulation are more than enough to hydrate hair and give it the right moisture.
4. Stimulates hair growth – Natural sebum secreted by the scalp nourishes both the scalp and the hairs themselves. A healthy scalp and healthy follicles encourage new hair to grow, thus making it thick and lush. When there’s a shortage of sebum along the scalp and hair, growth may come to a halt and those that fall off might not be aptly replaced. By using jojoba shampoo, you can mimic the environment created by natural sebum in the hair and scalp. This then nourishes the skin and the follicles, which then stimulates the growth of hair. This is why many of those who want to grow thicker, longer hair often turn to this amazing shampoo to help improve the health of their scalp and locks.
5. Repairs damage – Who doesn’t like heat styling their hair every now and then? Of course, it’s nice to have a new hairdo every now and then, and yes, heat styling can be a fast and easy way to do it yourself, but let’s not forget that constant and frequent hair styling with heat can cause significant damage and breakage to hair. Using jojoba shampoo can help resolve the situation and repair damage, because it’s a well known emollient. This means that the oil in jojoba shampoo can fill in the cracks left behind by heat styling, and encourage hair to repair and restore its previous form.
Don’t settle for anything less, and make sure you give your hair the best treatment by using jojoba shampoo. Have you already started your this regimen? What do you think about it? We’d love to find out! Let us know in the comments section below and let’s start a conversation!
Be sure to share this article on social media if you think that friends and family will be interested in.